Malacanang said it is committed to complete peace agreement with the Rebolusyonaryong Partido ng Manggagawa Pilipinas-Revolutionary Proletarian Army-Alex Boncayao Brigade (RPMP-RPA-ABB ) and will release the money intended for the rebel group. “The Aquino administration is committed to the five negotiating tables that are pursuing a just and lasting peace,” Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said in a statement on Wednesday. Valte said the government will release the funds to the local government units (LGUs) in areas that will be identified for community development and livelihood assistance. Under the agreement, which was signed in December 2000 during the Estrada administration, the government made a commitment to fund the reintegration and development projects for the rebel organization.
This includes livelihood projects, housing assistance, education and training, primary health care, agriculture and irrigation facilities, farm-to-market roads, microfinance, among others. Valte also said the military expressed its support for the peace process with the RPMP-RPA- ABB, acknowledging its impact on security concerns on the ground. The Aquino administration plans to give P31 million to RPMP-RPA-ABB that will come from the Payapa at Masaganang Pamayanan or Pamana, a P329-million fund administered by the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPPAP). RPMP-RPA-ABB is a breakaway organization from the mainstream group of Jose Maria Sison. (PCOO)
TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol, Oct. 26 (PIA)–Gikumpirmar sa Malakanyang nga mihatag ang gobyerno og P5 milyon sa Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). Apan gitataw ni Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda nga wala gihatag ni Presidente Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III ang maong salapi kang MILF Chairman Al Haj Murad Ibrahim sa ilang secret meeting sa Tokyo, Japan niadtong Agosto 5, apan si Government Peace Panel Chief Negotiator Marvic Leonen ang mihatag niini human sa maong pulong. Gi-klaro usab ni Lacierda nga P5 milyon ug dili P5 bilyon ang salaping gihatag sama sa mga gipakatap sa text.
Giingong gamiton ang salapi sa pagpatukod og Bangsamoro Leadership Management Institute (BLMI) ug dili sa pagpalit og mga bala ug armas sa mga rebelde. Giseguro usab sa Malacañang nga adunay “accounting” sa P5 million nga gihatag. Dugang pa ni Lacierda, ang maong kantidad commitment pa sa miaging administrasyon sa MILF ug nakita sa Presidente nga angayan sad kining ipadayon. Gilauman sa gobyerno nga ang maong pondo igahin alang sa edukasyon ug pagbansaybansay sa mga lider sa Bangsamoro. (PIA-Bohol/ecb)
On Sunday, after the Oct. 18 event, two more different incidents, leaving a toll of five civilians and two soldiers dead, suspected action done by the Moro Islamic Liberation Front(MILF) rebels. Western Mindanao Command reported that Hassan Asnawi, a commander of the MILF’s 114th Base Command, led a 50-strong force surprisingly attacked the truck owned by a rubber cooperative in Basilan, leaving five civilians dead and eight others wounded. Maj. Harold Cabunoc, the acting Army spokesperson, said those killed and injured were on a truck owned by Tumahubong Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Inc. Development Cooperative that was used to haul rubber. Other incident transpired in Sultan Naga Dimaporo in Lanao del Norte, armed men ambushed troops led by Lt. Col. Bagnum Gaerlan of the 5th Infantry Battalion, killing two soldiers and wounding four others.
Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang, Wesmincom spokesperson,as he said had forwarded troops hounding the rebels in Basilan and Lanao del Norte. Mohaqher Iqbal, MILF chief negotiator, said the investigation of October 18 incident had been started by a Malaysian-led International Monitoring Team headed by Maj. Gen. Dato Mahdi Bin Yusof.The output of the said investigation would be discussed upon the resumption of peace talks next month in Kuala Lumpur. Despite the successive events, President Aquino III sustained to be it in a peace talks with the MILF. He conveyed hopes to the relatives of the casualties to hunt down those men behind the attacks.
President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III on Wednesday said he has ordered concerned
government agencies to ensure the safety of Filipinos in areas affected by the ongoing
tension between North and South Korea.
We are closely monitoring and I have tasked the relevant agencies to review their plans
concerning the safety of our citizens there,” Aquino said in a text message.
On Tuesday, North Korea unleashed a barrage of artillery on a South Korean island near
disputed western border. The attack set buildings ablaze and killed at least two marines..
Aquino said he and other government officials will meet on the matter and come up with the
government’s position after gathering and evaluating validated information.
In a statement issued late Tuesday, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the
Philippine Embassy in Seoul is closely monitoring developments in South Korea.
DFA spokesman Ed Malaya said that coordination meetings are being conducted by the DFA
in connection with the welfare of Filipinos in North and South Korea.
The DFA said there are around 60,000 Filipinos in South Korea. Most of them live in Seoul,
far from the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong that was attacked by North Korea. (PIA)
President Benigno Aquino III is in Japan to strengthen ties with other leaders for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meeting and aim for cooperation on significant issues such as human resource development, climate change and stability of foreign exchange market.
APEC leaders will discuss the Bogor Goals of free trade and socioeconomic strategy based on a balanced, inclusive, sustainable and knowledge-based growth, and cooperation on human security.
The APEC is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim economies that seeks to promote free trade and economic cooperation throughout the Asia-Pacific region. APEC members account for approximately 40 percent of the world’s population, approximately 54 percent of world gross domestic product and about 44 percent of world trade.
Mr. Aquino had said he expects an exchange of ideas on stabilizing the value of currencies in the region, including the Philippine peso, due to the weakening of the US dollar.
The Japan visit is President Aquino’s third foreign sortie after attending the Association of Southeast Asian Nations meeting in Hanoi last month and the United Nations General Assembly in New York last September. (PIA)