A SIMPLE inauguration, and one that hews to tradition. This is what President-elect Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III wants.
On June 30, there will be no sit-down dinner, just an inaugural reception, with a working lunch before Aquino’s first Cabinet meeting.
Aquino’s inauguration will be held at the Quirino Grandstand in Rizal Park (formerly Luneta) in Manila.
Aquino will take his presidential oath at the grandstand in front of the Independence Flagpole and the Rizal Monument.
His inaugural speech will focus on restoring honesty and integrity in public service.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), meanwhile, will release a list of visiting heads of state who will be there for the inauguration.
Three East Asian leaders have confirmed their attendance at Aquino’s inauguration. They are Thai Prime Minister Aphisit Vejjajiva, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, and East Timor President Jose Ramos Horta. (PIA-Bohol)
Manila, Philippines — Chief Justice Renato Corona has issued an order to review the long-standing labor dispute over the Hacienda Luisita Estate of the family of President-elect Benigno Aquino III in Tarlac.
Recalling from previous news, Aquino does not recognize Corona’s appointment.
The reason behind such order according to Court Administrator Jose Midas Marquez was that there had been a letter from the farmers in Hacienda Luisita requesting for Corona to act on the case and review the four-year-old temporary restraining order (TRO) against distribution of the sugar plantation in accordance with the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP).
A line from the letter said, “We humbly submit to your Honorable Office our appeal asking the Supreme Court to act with dispatch and resolve the controversial agrarian case of Hacienda Luisita in favor of agrarian reform beneficiaries..”. The letter was signed by the leaders of the Unyon ng mga Manggagawa sa Agrikultura.
Click here for full article from Philstar.com
PRESIDENT-elect Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III has included his defeated running mate, Sen. Manuel “Mar” Roxas II, in his 5-man presidential transition team.
In a letter dated June 11 sent to Malacañang on Wednesday morning, Aquino identified Roxas as one of the members of his transition team.
The other members of the transition team are: former Education Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad, who may return to the Department of Education (DepEd); Julia Abad, Aquino’s chief of staff in the Senate; incoming Executive Secretary Paquito “Jojo” Ochoa Jr.; and, former Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima, who is reportedly being eyed to head the Department of Finance again.
The letter informs Presidential Management Staff (PMS) chief Elena Bautista-Horn that the 5 individuals have been granted the authority “necessary and indispensable for the lawful and efficient transfer of government authority and responsibility on June 30, 2010.”
The letter adds: “These responsibilities include, and are not limited to, coordinating arrangement for the inaugural program, ensuring the smooth turnover of Cabinet portfolios, and assisting in the accounting and disposition of relevant records, information and equipment.” (PIA-Bohol)
PRESIDENT-elect Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III will take his oath as the Philippines’ 15th president at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila, his camp said Tuesday.
Aquino spokesman Edwin Lacierda said Noynoy’s inauguration and oath-taking would be held at the Quirino Grandstand because it could accommodate more people than the original preferred venue, the Quezon City Memorial Circle.
The President-elect said he intends to hear Mass at his parents’ grave on June 30.
He is also open to riding the same car with outgoing President Arroyo.
Tradition has it that the outgoing president would leave the inauguration site on board a private vehicle once the new president is sworn in.
Aquino will take his oath before Supreme Court Associate Justice Conchita Carpio-Morales. After the ceremony, he will convene his first Cabinet meeting followed by the Vin d’Honneur at Malacañang Palace. (PIA-Bohol)
Kapin sa usa ka libo (1,000) ka tenante nga nagpuyo sa yuta Rodriguez, Rizal nga gipanag-iya sa pamilya ni Liberal Party Vice-Presidentiable bet Sen. Mar Roxas II, nanawagan sa magbabalaud nga ipahangyo ang iyang inahan nga bakwion ang iyang pagsupak sa pag-apod-apod sa yuta ug ipa ilawom sa agrarian reform program.
Sa usa ka press briefing, si Felipe Jalago, spokesman sa farmer-beneficiaries sa Hacienda Araneta sa Barangay Mascap, nihagit ni Roxas nga iyang barugan ang iyang gipamulong nga siya pro-poor ug pro-farmer.
“We already hold certificates of full payment and certificates of land tax payments,” si Jalago nagkanayon.
Hinuon siya nag-ingon nga ang yuta dili maapod apod ngadto kanila tungod kay ang pamilya sa inahan ni Mar Roxas, ang mga Araneta, ni petition alang sa conversion sa yuta ngadtos commercial-residential area.
Kadaghanan sa mga mag-uuma nakahuman na ug bayad sa yuta nga gihata kanila sa tuig 1972 ilawom sa Presidential Decree 27 sa Land Bank of the Philippines.
Ang balaud naghatag ug automatic nga pagbalhin sa kayutaan ngadto sa mga nagtikad nga mga mag-uuma kinsa nibayad ug regular sa ilang mga buwis sa local nga pangagamhanan.
“We appeal to you, (Roxas), your mother and the Aranetas not to pursue the cases anymore so that we can truly own the land,” siya nagkanayon.
Sayo niini, ang mga nagprotestang mga mag-uuma sa hacienda ang gipanag-iya ni Liberal Party Presidentable Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III, nanawagan sa Suprene Court (SC) nga mu aksyon sa ilang gi-angkon nga 6,453 ka ektaryang plantasyon ug tubo sa dili pa mag eleksyon.
Ang mga miyembro sa United Luisita Workers Union (ULWU), Alyansa ng mga Manggagawang Bukid sa Hasyenda Luisita (Ambala), ug Alyansa ng mga Magbubukid sa Gitnang Luzon (AMGL) nihangyo sa Korte Suprema nga tangtangon ang four-year temporary restraining batok sa pag apo-apod sa plantasyon ngadto sa 10,000 farmer beneficiaries.