Malacañang gihangyo nga i-apil ang ‘Morong 43’ sa amnesty proclamation

GIHANGYO sa mga senador ang Malacañang niadtong Martes nga i-apil ang “Morong 43”
sa listahan sa mga beneficiaries ni Presidente Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III sa iyang amnesty
proclamation.

Mao kini ang gisugyot ni Senador Joker Arroyo atol sa Senate hearing sa amnesty
proclamation ni Presidente Aquino.

Ang maong hearing na suspenso niadtong Lunes tungod sa pag-apil sa pangalan ni Senador
Gringo Honasan ug ubang miyembro sa Communist Party of the Philippines-National
Democratic Front sa listahan sa mga beneficiaries.

Gisuportahan usab ni Senador Francis “Chiz” Escudero ang sugyot ni Arroyo og niingon
nga angay hatagan usab og amnestiya ang “Morong 43” dili lamang tungod sa panahon sa
Pasko, apan alang usab sa patas nga proteksyon.

Matud pa ni Escudero nga majority sa iyang mga kauban sa Senado, apil na usab sa mga
magbabalaod sa House of Representatives, nagpaabot lamang sa desisyon ni Presidente
Aquino sa “Morong 43” kinsa gipang-aresto tungod sa giingong ilang kalambigitan sa
underground movement. (PIA)

Church bells to ring 57 times on Tuesday for victims of Maguindanao massacre

For 57 seconds, church bells will ring out throughout the country on Tuesday in memory of the 57 people killed in the grisly Maguindanao massacre last year.

The Catholic Church-run Radio Veritas on Sunday announced that it was spearheading the simultaneous pealing of Church bells on Nov. 23, the first year of the gruesome murders, as tribute to the victims and their kin, who continued to seek justice.

Fr. Anton Pascual, president and chief operating officer of Radio Veritas on Sunday said that “the Church is joining the struggle in asking the government to finish the trial promptly because justice delayed is justice denied”.

Meanwhile, Malacañang said that it was doing all it could to ensure the speedy trial of the suspects in the worst political killing in the country.

Palace deputy spokesperson Abigail Valte said that Malacañang hoped that the Supreme Court would heed calls for a live TV coverage of the so-called “trial of the century.” (PIA)

Palace tells candidates for barangay/S.K. positions: Being elected is not the only way to serve the people

MALACAÑANG cautioned the candidates for the coming barangay and Sangguniang
Kabataan elections on Oct. 25 not to resort to violence and killings “as this is just an election
and being voted upon is not the only way to be of service to the people.”

In an interview with Radyo ng Bayan Saturday, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail
Valte said “we should not resort to violence or other undesirable means just to be elected
into office as serving the people does not end with getting elected.”

Go slow and do not be too emotional or excited as this might distract your focus. Let us all
work together to ensure that the coming election will be clean and that the results will reflect
the genuine sentiments of the voters, Valte added.

Last week, President Aquino ordered Philippine National Police Chief Gen. Raul Bacalzo
to look into the killing of a candidate for kagawad and put the perpetrators before the bar of
justice so that no other similar incidents will happen as the elections near.

Bacalzo said the President asked him to impose stricter measures to ensure that such poll
violence will not occur again. (PCOO/PIA)

HK dismayado sa resulta sa review sa IIRC report

DISMAYADO ang kagamhanan sa Hong Kong sa gihimong pagpa-ubos sa ‘sentensya’ o charges sa mga opisyal nga responsable sa nahitabong hostage crisis niadtong Agosto 23 nga nakaingon sa kamatayon sa walo ka Hong Kong nationals sa Manila.

Giingong ni ani og mga pagbatikos gikan sa mga taga Hong Kong sa dihang gipadayag ni Presidente Aquino ang pinal nga report sa IIRC sa publiko diin nangabag-o ang mga kasong kriminal nga angay ipasaka kang Manila Mayor Afredo Lim samtang absuwelto sa kasong administratibo ang uban pang mga opisyal.

Giingon nga maglisod daw og dawat ang mga pamilya sa mga namatay sa hostage crisi sa resulta sa review sa Malacanang sa maong IIRC report. 

Matud pa sa Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) nga gi respeto nila ang sentimyento sa mga taga Hong Kong. Gikatakda usab nga mopagawas sa ilang kaugalingong findings ang Hong Kong kalabut sa maong hostage crisis. (PIA-Bohol)

Palace to review US position on VFA

Malacañang wants an overhaul of the controversial Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) between the Philippines and the United States.

President Aquino has directed Justice Secretary Leila de Lima to take a look at the controversial agreement which is among the primary legal pretext for military exercises of local and American troops in the country.

Aquino agreed to a review of the agreement following renewed calls by some groups for its immediate abolition.

Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said the President has not yet made a decision whether the government would terminate the RP-US military deal pending the study being conducted by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

For now, Lacierda said there are “no discussion on the abrogation” of the VFA as far as the Executive branch is concerned, although the DFA has recognized the benefits of having such military deal with the United States.

Lacierda said the President stands by his personal commitment made when he was a senator that VFA forged between Manila and Washington should be studied anew. He said then Senator Aquino signed a joint resolution calling for a review of such agreement. (PIA)