TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol, May 16 (PIA)–Gitakda na sa Oktubre 1 hangtud 5 ang pagpasaka sa certificate of candidacy (COC) sa mga gustong modagan sa 2013 midterm elections, gikan sa mga mokandidatong konsehal hangtud sa mga mokandidatong senador.
Mao kini ang gipahibalo ni Commission on Elections (Comelec) chairman Atty. Sixto Brillantes Jr. karong buntag sa usa ka panayam sa radyo.
Samtang mao gihapon ang campaign period nga gitakda sa Comelec, diin gihatagan og 90 ka adlaw nga pag-pangampanya ang mga modagan sa national elections (senators, congressmen ug partylists), samtang 45 ka adlaw usab ang ihatag sa pag-pangampanya sa mga modagan sa local elections (mayor, vice mayor, councilors, governor, vice governor, ug board members).
Sa Mayo 13, 2013 (Lunes) gitakda ang 2013 midterm elections. (PIA-Bohol/ecb)
Expert team sa DA, padung na sa China
TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol, May 16 (PIA)–Padung na sa China ang mga eksperto gikan sa Department of Agriculture (DA) aron kumbinsihon ang Chinese quarantine officials nga export quality ug luwas sa unsa mang insekto o sakit ang saging ug uban pang prutas nga gi-export sa Pilipinas.
Pangunahan ni Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI) director Clarito Barron ang grupong padung na sa China nga mo-prisintar sa Chinese counterparts niini sa plant quaratine protocol sa Pilipinas.
Gitawtaw usab nila nga pasado sa international standard ug niagi sa saktong proseso sa produksyon ang mga produkto apil na ang washing, sorting ug packaging.
Matud pa usab ni Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala nga dapiton usab nila ang mga Chinese quarantine official nga mobisita sa Pilipinas partikular na sa banana plantation sa Davao aron makita nila nga niagi sa good processing practices ang mga saging nga gi-export sa ilang nasud.
Gibana-banang naa sa P1 milyon na ang giingong nawala sa mga banana exporter tungod niini.
Gitahasan na ni Alcala si Agri-business ug Marketing Assistant Service director Leandro Gazmin nga mangita og ubang market sa saging sa Middle East ug Singapore ug mag-expand usab og export operation sa Japan. (PIA-Bohol/ecb)
THE remaining 22 winning party-list organizations will still have to wait for at least another two weeks before they can finally be proclaimed, a Commission on Elections (Comelec) official said Tuesday.
Comelec Commissioner Rene Sarmiento said they cannot proclaim the remaining party-list groups because they are still waiting for the results of the special polls in some areas where elections were earlier postponed.
He specifically cited areas in Lanao del Sur, Basilan, Tawi-Tawi, Abra, and Sulu, where special elections still need to be held. He said that about 12,000 to 20,000 votes are expected to be cast in these areas.
He noted, however, that by the time President-elect Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III delivers his State of the Nation Address, the party-list representatives would have all been completed.
Aquino will deliver his first SONA in late July.
The Comelec had earlier proclaimed 28 winning party-list organizations, six of whom were awarded two seats each. (PIA-Bohol)
GILARAW ni Senador Manuel “Mar” Roxas ang pagpasak ug electoral protest batok sa naproklamang Bise Presidente nga si Jejomar Binay.
Matud ni Roxas sa iyang pamahayag, buot siyang matuki ang labing dako mga gidaghanon sa boto sa pagka bise presidente nga gi-balewala sa pag-ihap aron sugdan ang tinud-anay ug kompleto nga iphanay agi ug utang niya sa katawhan.
Sumpay ni Roxas, kinsa apo sa kanhi Presidente nga si Manuel Roxas, iya na nga gimandu sa iyang mga abogado ang paghipos sa mga ebidensya aron katun-an ang protesta nga ipasaka sulod sa 30 ka adlaw human maproklama si Binay niadtong Hunyo 9.
Hinuon, midaug ug naproklama na usab ang Presidente sa nasud, kinsa kauban kang Roxas sa partido ug kadugo usab sa mga dagkong apilhedo sa politika nga Aquino-Cojuangco.
INSTEAD of public school teachers, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) has deputized its lawyers and police trainees to serve as Board of Election Inspectors (BEI) in the special elections in Lanao del Sur on Thursday.
In an 11-page resolution, the Comelec ordered the replacement of election officers in Lanao del Sur’s seven municipalities with Comelec lawyers and Philippine National Police (PNP) trainees.
Comelec lawyers will be assigned as chairmen of the Board of Canvassers as well as election officers for the special polls.
At the same time, the Comelec also ordered police trainees from Regions 10, 11 and 12 to be on stand-by in case there would be a shortage of teachers who will serve as members of the special BEIs.
The police trainees will undergo training in the operation of the precinct count optical scan (PCOS) machines and procedures for voting and counting.
Earlier, the poll body declared failure of elections in the seven Lanao del Sur towns after teachers there refused to perform election duties last May 10 due to threats and violent incidents. (PIA-Bohol)
THE Commission on Elections (Comelec) has asked the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) to help in investigating several election-related incidents.
According to Justice Undersecretary Alberto Agra in reports, the DOJ has received a letter from Comelec Chairman Jose Melo asking them to help investigate certain incidents that happened in the past two weeks.
Agra said among those to be investigated are the compact flash cards presented by Quezon City Rep. Annie Suzano, the precinct count optical scan (PCOS) machines allegedly kept in Antipolo, Rizal, and Cagayan de Oro and the reported taped conversation of Comelec commissioner Nicodemo Ferrer.
“The DOJ will take the lead in so far as the investigation pertaining to Cong. Suzano and the ‘Hello Nico’ tape but PNP will proceed with their investigation of the PCOS machine incidents,” he added.
The National Bureau of Investigation will also be helping the DOJ in verifying the authenticity of the “Hello Nico” tape, which reportedly featured a telephone conversation between Ferrer and Interior Secretary Ronaldo Puno about rigging the polls.
The DOJ and PNP are looking to finish the initial investigation for all the incidents by June 15.
THE Commission on Elections (Comelec) has rescheduled to June 3 the conduct of special polls in seven municipalities of Lanao del Sur, two municipalities of Basilan, and in one municipality of Sarangani where there was a failure of elections.
In a five-page resolution, the Comelec said that it has rescheduled the elections in Lumba Bayabao, Lumbaca Unayan, Marogong, Masiu, Sultan Domalondong, Tubaran, and Bayang towns in Lanao del Sur; barangays Danapah, Kailih, Bato-Bato, Apil-Apil, Bucalao, Sangkahan, Cambug, and Look Bisaya in Al Barka and barangays Upper and Lower Mahaybahay in Maluso, Basilan; and barangay Poblacion in Gian, Sarangani.
The special polls were initially scheduled on Friday but the poll body said that it needs more time to prepare the logistical, manpower, and security requirements for the conduct of the elections.
Comelec Resolution 8921 says that no voting was conducted in the seven municipalities in Lanao del Sur because the teachers who were supposed to serve as Board of Election Inspectors (BEI) there did not show up on election day. It likewise said that some BEIs in Basilan were not able to perform their functions on May 10.
The Omnibus Election Code gives the poll body 30 days to reschedule polls once the reasons for failure of elections in these areas disappear. (PIA-Bohol)