BOI-approved investments reach second-highest level since 2000, exceeds 7 percent target with 20 percent growthInvestment projects approved by the Philippine Board of Investments (BOI) grew 20.4 percent in 2016, reaching P441.8 Billion from the P366.7 Billion registered in 2015. The value of registered projects in 2016 is second highest since 2000, next to the P466 Billion registered in 2013. The 20.4 percent growth also exceeded the agency’s 7 percent growth target for 2016. With a 20.4 percent growth in 2016: • BOI surpassed its 2016 target of 7 percent increase in value of registered projects. • 2016 value of registered investments is second highest since 2000 • Foreign investment pledges is 50 percent higher in 2016 than in 2015 • Foreign investment level in second half is almost twice than in the first half • Among major sectors, growth in investments (2016 vs. 2015) is fastest in construction (644.8 percent) and manufacturing (81.3 percent) • Mostly buoyed by hydropower projects, investments in Cordillera Administrative Region increased from P85.6 Million in 2015 to reach P34.8 Billion in 2016. Trade Secretary and BOI Chairman Ramon Lopez said the growth in the agency’s investment pledges is driven by the continued confidence of investors with the country’s sustained strong macroeconomic fundamentals and in President Duterte’s socio-economic agenda; as well as a result of President Duterte’s state visits since he started the current administration. “With the investment missions that we are doing, investors have gained greater awareness of the Philippines’ strong and growing economy,” he said adding that during the President’s state visits, he always assures investors that the government will honor, secure, and protect their investments. The aggregated investment approvals in 2016 were generated from 377... read more
Local News/ Bohol Balita
Bohol commemorates the first International Treaty between the Philippines and Spain. Visit the official website of the Bohol Sandugo Festival now!
Travel Information to BoholFind cheap travel packages to Bohol!
SponsorsClick Here to Get the Latest Gadget Promo and Deals
September 2011 LET (Licensure Examination for Teachers) PRC Board Exam Results available here.
Need a Website?
Most popular tags
Aquino Administration Armed Forces of the Philippines Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) barangay elections Bohol Bohol crimes bohol local news Bohol news Bureau of Internal Revenue comelec Commission on Elections Commission on Elections (Comelec) daily Department of Agriculture Department of Education department of foreign affairs Department of Health Department of Health (DOH) Department of Justice Election 2010 Governor Edgar Chatto Malacanang MILF Mindanao Moro Islamic Liberation Front Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) news noynoy aquino overseas filipino workers PAGASA peace talks PGMA Philippine economy Philippine National Police Philippine National Police (PNP) Philippine news Philippines PNP President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III President Benigno Aquino III PRESIDENT Benigno S. Aquino III President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo Reproductive Health Bill Supreme court Tagbilaran City
- BOI-approved investments reach second-highest level since 2000, exceeds 7 percent target with 20 percent growth
- Bohol ICT Council Elects New Officers
- City sets P111 M worth of modern infra for ’17
- Japan ug Ph, milagda og pipila ka kasabotan aron mapausbaw ang bilateral ties niini
- DTI, gi-andam na ang sistema alang sa pagpautang sa mga gagmay’ng negosyante
- Dugang kontribusyon sa SSS, legal
- Implementasyon sa RH Law, gilagdaan na ni Duterte
- Bonus sa mga opisyal ug empleyado sa GOCCs, kunhoran sa gobyerno
- BOI strengthens support for SMEs growth, approves investment projects of small firms
- “Very good” survey rating ni Duterte, makapadasig – Palasyo
- Katukoran sa drug rehab center sa Bohol, sugdan ka karong tuig
- P10-M budget alang sa BDJ expansion, aprubado na
- DTI triples number of Negosyo Centers nationwide to 447
- PRRD’s Micro Fund Program to Pilot run this Month —- DTI
- DBM, nipagawas na sa sumbanan alang sa 2nd tranche pay hike sa mga kawani sa gobyerno